Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hong Kong Marathon

It was that time of year - my almost annual pretense of being an athletic person when I sign up for 42 kilometres of pain, otherwise known as the Hong Kong marathon.

Near perfect weather (12-15 degrees) made for ideal running conditions. The split starts reduced congestion enabling people to run at close to their desired pace after the first couple of kilometers. The all important drinks stations were well managed (although the sports drink on offer was not one that I would willingly consume if I had a choice) as was the event as a whole.

More due to the good weather than anything else, I managed to lumber around in a few minutes under four hours - nearly half an hour quicker than last year when it felt like I was running in a sauna. A great experience.

No comments: