Monday, October 06, 2014

Financial Review - September, 2014

September was a terrible month for my investments.

Net worth dipped significantly.  With equities and commodities were down and FX movements were dramatically unfavourable. Expenses were low.

Here are the details:

1. my Hong Kong equity portfolio fell significantly in line with the local market. There were no transactions this month;

2. my AU/NZ equities fell. There were no purchases this month;

3.my equity ETFs were lower (India, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China) in line with the local markets. There were no new purchases;

4. my commodities fell. SIlver is my only position;

5. the properties are at full occupancy and all tenants are paying on time. There were no repairs this month;

6. currency movements were dramatically adverse with a large falls in the NZD and the AUD;

7. my position in bonds remains small;

8. expenses were low;

9.there were no transfers to Mrs Traineeinvestor this month.

My cash position fell slightly. I currently hold 45.2 months of expenses in HKD cash or equivalents.

For September, my net worth fell by 2.83%. The year to date increase is 3.28%.

Note: cut off for the September report was 3rd October due to travelling.

No comments: