Sunday, December 07, 2014

Financial Review - November, 2014

November was a poor month for my investments.

Net worth declined.  Asian equities appreciated slightly, but not sufficient to overcome the decline in my Australian/New Zealand equities and commodities and adverse FX movements. Expenses were moderate.

Here are the details:

1. my Hong Kong equity portfolio appreciated in line with the local market. There were no transactions this month;

2. my AU/NZ equities fell. I added shares in New Zealand Refining to the portfolio;

3.my equity ETFs were higher (India, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China) in line with the local markets. There were no new purchases;

4. my commodities fell. Silver is my only position;

5. the properties are at full occupancy and all tenants are paying on time. However, I will have at least one vacancy just before Chinese New Year in 2015. There were no repairs this month. I completed the purchase of a car parking space in the building where we live. It has already been rented out;

6. currency movements were negative with falls in the NZD and the AUD;

7. my position in bonds remains small;

8. expenses were moderate;

9.there were no transfers to Mrs Traineeinvestor this month.

My cash position fell slightly. I currently hold 35.2 months of expenses in HKD cash or equivalents.

For October, my net worth fell by 0.6%. The year to date increase is 4.46%.

No comments: